CHARTERED ARCHITECTURE - DESIGN DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
Our ‘Design Development Process’ is structured and organised in a way that your decisions on design are made on your lifestyle and future requirements and what suits you best. Architecture is not an exact science it is a subjective and organic process which refines from one scheme to the other until the client feels comfortable with the proposals. The best and most suitable scheme is then tested for a Planning Decision. Arc 3 normally undertakes pre-planning communication with the Planners to prevent problems or difficulties during the considering stages prior to decision. The clients are requested to keep good relations with neighbours and if possible obtain support letters.
Being Chartered Architecture isn’t just about providing drawings and scheme designs.
Arc 3 will achieve a decision from the Planning Department, Building Regulation Department of the Council. We will prepare tender documents for a fixed price contract. We will ensure works and construction is undertaken as noted in the specification and to a good standard with our expert attention to detail and care.
ARC 3'S RANGE OF ARCHITECTURAL AND SURVEYING SERVICES NORMALLY INCLUDES:
- Arc 3 will agree instructions and client brief.
- Preliminary Dimensional Survey of the Property and Site.
- Prepare existing and 3 x colour Scheme Proposals or Ideas Board.
- Crystallise parts from each scheme and prepare a 4th Scheme with Council Application.
- Prepare Planning Application, validate and track application, make minor amendment and achieve decision.
- Prepare and Submit Technical Drawings with Building Regulation Application to the Council.
- Enhance Technical Drawings with Outline Specification and Scope of Works for pricing.
- Obtain fixed prices from 3 to 4 contractors. This could be a client choice of contractors.
- Agree expectations between clients and contractors and agree + sign a fixed price JCT Building Contract.
- Prepare Construction Drawings
- Commence Project Works on site and ‘Administer the Contract’ on site. Issue Interim Certificates etc.
- Agree Final Account and handover Project to the client.